EDARP provides HTC services at the facility and in the community as follows:
o CITC – Client Initiated Testing and Counseling
o PITC – Provider Initiated Testing and Counseling
o Family Testing
Regardless of the approach, the three C’s i.e. (Counseling, Consent and Confidentiality) must be observed. HTC services are offered in all fourteen facilities of EDARP clinics and services are offered for FREE by counselors, nurses, clinical officers and medical officers.
Benefits for HTC:
- Behavior change for prevention
- Case finding for care and treatment
- Reduction of HIV burden in the society/family.
- Access to care for prevention.
- Reduction of HIV associated stigma
- Access of psycho-social support
- Relieves the burden of living in doubt.
- Access to other health services including TB screening and treatment, STI screening and treatment, early diagnosis and treatment of cancer.
Knowledge is power therefore Know your HIV status today by visiting any of our clinics near you. Knowing your status is a show of love to your partner and family. It gives you and your loved ones the confidence to face the world with the resolve to overcome challenges and turn them in to stepping stones to success.