EDARP pharmacy has grown over time in terms of variety of medicines and the quantity of products stocked for dispensing. Medicine dispensing involves educating our clients on how the drug is to be used before dispensing. The pharmacy departments dispense anti tuberculosis, antiretroviral (ARVs) and other drugs used in treatment of opportunistic infections. All drugs are prescribed and dispensed as per the Kenya National guidelines.
- Reduce the detectable viral load of HIV RNA as low as possible,
- Maintain this level of suppression for as long as possible.
- Prevent opportunistic infections occurring, improve the quality to prolong the life of HIV infected person
To achieve the above goals the department ensures the following are addressed during and before dispensing medicine to our clients;
- Patient education and instructions of use
- Dosing instructions
- Adherence counseling
- Nutrition counseling
- Precautions and contraindications
- Side effects and adverse drug reactions
- Safe storage of drugs.
A pharmacy staff is not limited to the above services but works as a team with all other professionals to ensure that our patients get the best care possible.